Manpasands shares tank 36 in 2 days on officials arrest

first_imgNew Delhi: Shares of Manpasand Beverages extended their losses for the second consecutive day, tumbling 36 per cent in two trading sessions after some of its officials were taken under judicial custody following search by the GST department. On the BSE, shares of the company plunged 20 per cent to lock in at its lower circuit limit of Rs 70.40. At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the scrip tumbled 19.98 per cent to touch the lower circuit of Rs 70.50. Also Read – SC declines Oil Min request to stay sharing of documentsOn Monday, the scrip dived 20 per cent to close at Rs 88 on the BSE. In a BSE filing on Saturday, Manpasand Beverages had said that the Commissioner of Central GST and Customs carried out search and seizure proceedings at various premises of the company on May 23 and further inquiry was conducted on May 24 at GST Bhavan office of Vadodara. “Mr Abhishek Singh, Whole Time Director, Mr Paresh Thakkar, Chief Financial Officer of the company and Mr Harshvardhan Singh are under judicial custody of Authority on May 24, 2019. The company is contesting these allegations in accordance with the due process of law,” it had said in the filing. In a separate filing on Saturday, it had said, “We would like to inform you that Mr Vishal Sood, Non-Executive Director of the company has tendered resignation from the post of Director with immediate effect i.e. 24th May, 2019. This resignation is mainly due to search from GST department.”last_img read more

Essequibo teen critical after ex attempts to burn her new lover

Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedParents turn over man who escaped custody after allegedly burning ex, her loverFebruary 6, 2018In “Crime”Labourer stabbed to death by drinking buddyApril 7, 2019In “Crime”Essequibo labourer stabbed to death in Old Year’s rowJanuary 1, 2019In “Crime” …Cops hunting suspect who escaped their custodyPolice are now hunting a 21-year-old labourer who reportedly attempted to burn his ex-girlfriend and her new lover alive during the wee hours of Saturday morning in the Charity Housing Scheme, Essequibo Coast, Region Two (Pomeroon Supenaam).17-year-old Susanna CulpepperSusanna Culpepper, 17, of Charity Extension Scheme, Essequibo Coast- received injuries to her face, both hands, stomach and feet- and Chavez Watson, 21, of Charity Housing Scheme, Essequibo Coast- was burnt on his right side waist and chest.The suspect has been identified as Kyle Goddette, 21, of Charity Housing Scheme, Essequibo Coast.INews understands that Culpepper was once in a relationship with Goddette but it quickly turned sour after the labourer reportedly became abusive.As such, the 17-year-old left him and became involved with Watson.Wanted: Kyle GoddetteCulpepper reportedly told police that on Friday evening, she visited Watson – a jet man- at his home and decided to spend the night.At around midnight, the young lady recalled that the jet man had secured his home, and the duo retired to bed in the one flat wooden building, leaving the louver pane windows in the bedroom, open.According to the teenager, she was awoken at 03:00hrs on Saturday by a burning sensation on her skin. Upon opening her eyes, the young lady recalled seeing a huge ball of fire on the bed she and Watson were sleeping on.The duo immediately jumped off, and Watson reportedly indicated that upon opening the western window of the room, he observed Goddette at one of his bedroom windows. The labourer then allegedly ran away.Wattson quickly raised an alarm in his neighbourhood and a bucket brigade was formed, extinguishing the fire.The injured duo were escorted to the Suddie Hospital where they were treated and Culpepper was admitted to the Burn Unit at the Georgetown Public Hospital, in a critical state.Her boyfriend was subsequently discharged.The burnt bedInspections at the scene revealed that the bed was partly burnt and the room walls were significantly scorched.INews understands that Goddette was arrested by the police and while reportedly denying the allegation, he escaped from their custody.Investigations are ongoing. (Ramona Luthi) read more