NEW ORLEANS, LA – JANUARY 01: Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide reacts in the second half of the AllState Sugar Bowl against the Clemson Tigers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 1, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)Alabama head coach Nick Saban updated the status of Crimson Tide five-star freshman defensive lineman Antonio Alfano this evening.“The guy basically quit,” Saban told reporters.Alfano, a five-star prospect and the No. 5 player overall in the 2019 class, has not been with the Crimson Tide team in recent weeks.Saban announced tonight that he believes the former top recruit has quit the team. “I just know that the guy basically quit. He quit going to class, he quit coming here. … Until he responds, you just have to assume the guy quit,” Saban said.Saban on Antonio Alfano: “I just know that the guy basically quit. He quit going to class, he quit coming here. … Until he responds, you just have to assume the guy quit.”— Charlie Potter (@Charlie_Potter) September 18, 2019Alfano’s parents had taken to Twitter earlier in the month to update their son’s status.“Antonio’s grandmother recently fell very ill and is still fighting on life support,” the statement read. “He is very close with her. Since this illness took effect, Antonio has taken it very hard. He has not attended classes and practices.“The University of Alabama has been extremely supportive and I couldn’t ask for better support from them. Yesterday, Antonio asked to be placed in the transfer portal to see what his options are.“Although he’s in the transfer portal, he still can decide to remain at the University of Alabama. My opinion is that Antonio should stay at the University of Alabama. However he’s an adult and it’s his decision. Antonio knows that his family has & will always be there for him.”Alfano’s name has reportedly not been seen in the NCAA’s transfer portal, according to 247Sports.The former five-star recruit has not played in any of Alabama’s games this season.Alabama (3-0) is set to host Southern Miss on Saturday. Kickoff is set for noon E.T.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email WATERLOO, Ont. – BlackBerry (TSX:BB) has appointed Marty Beard, the former chief executive of LiveOps, Inc. as its new chief operating officer.Beard starts immediately and will be responsible for such things as marketing, BlackBerry 10 app development and customer care and quality.He was chairman and CEO of LiveOps, a provider of cloud applications for customer services. Before joining LiveOps, he was president of Sybase 365, a mobile messaging and mobile commerce services unit, and also worked at computer technology company Oracle.BlackBerry executive chairman and chief executive John Chen led a turnaround at software company Sybase before he joined BlackBerry last year.Chen’s strategy has set aside the consumer market as a priority, after the BlackBerry 10 line of phones failed to become a sales hit and instead focused on building relationships with business customers.“Marty brings extensive experience in operations, marketing and serving customers through the best technologies and processes available,” Chen said in a statement.The chief operating officer job has been vacant since November 2013 when Kristian Tear left the company in a restructuring that also saw the departure Frank Boulben, the company’s chief marketing officer.BlackBerry shares have been under pressure since Apple and IBM announced that they would form a partnership focused on business customers, a key market for Canadian company.The teaming up of two of the world’s largest technology companies positions them to better compete with BlackBerry, which is trying to reaffirm its position catering to government agencies and businesses that require secure mobile communications. BlackBerry appoints new chief operating officer from LiveOps Inc. by The Canadian Press Posted Jul 21, 2014 9:00 am MDT