A total of 280 sailors from the Argentine Navy training vessel Libertad, that was impounded in Ghana due to a lawsuit filed by a hedge fund, arrived in Buenos Aires’s Ezeiza International Airport on board a charter flight on October 25, reported AFP. The Argentine Navy frigate crew, retained at a port near Accra since October 2, arrived on an Air France special flight at the airport, where the Sailors were received by their families with a warm round of applause. Most of the Argentine crew arrived on the flight, together with their counterparts from Chile, Paraguay, Brazil, Ecuador, and Venezuela, the guests who participated in the training tour, a Navy spokesman told AFP. While conducting its annual training tour, the ship was impounded by a Ghanaian court order issued by a judge that accepted a legal claim from a hedge fund on Argentina’s defaulted sovereign bonds, which had gone into default by about 1 billion dollars in 2001. “The happiness of this reunion is mixed with sadness, because the ship is something that I feel is mine. This was my third trip. I didn’t want to leave the boat, but the commander assigned others to stay onboard,” Martín Tejera told AFP as he stepped off the plane and hugged his four children, the youngest being born two months ago when he was in open waters. The remaining crew stayed on board the Libertad in order to guarantee the maintenance of the ship at the Port of Tema , consists of its captain and 44 crew members,. The lawsuit that provoked the seizure was filed over 370 million dollars by the holding company NML Capital, headquartered in the Cayman Islands, after refusing to accept a debt restructuring with important cutbacks that Argentina offered between 2005 and 2010, for 93% of its debt in default. This incident generated internal controversy in the Argentine government, which caused Admiral Carlos Alberto Paz, Chief of Navy Intelligence, to resign after the government penalized two officers. The frigate’s training tour had scheduled several stops in Latin America, Europe, and Africa, while in 2011 it only docked in regional ports, to avoid seizure attempts by creditor hedge funds. By Dialogo October 26, 2012
Source: CBS Ukupan broj slijetanja i polijetanja zrakoplova u zračnim lukama u studenome 2019. iznosio je 5 096, što je u usporedbi sa studenim 2018. porast od 3,2%. The most significant international passenger traffic was realized with German airports, 99 thousand passengers, which is an increase of 3,6% compared to the same period last year. Ukupno ostvareno 710 kružnih putovanja stranih brodova Out of a total of 710 cruises, most trips were realized in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County (59,4%) and the Split-Dalmatia County (25,6%), which is a total of 85,0%. The remaining 15,0% of trips were made in the following counties: Zadar (6,5%), Istria (3,8%), Primorje-Gorski Kotar (3,1%) and Šibenik-Knin (1,6%). Source: CBS U studenome 2019. hrvatske zračne luke zabilježile su 351 tisuću putnika ili 9,7% više nego u istome mjesecu prošle godine, govore podaci Državnog zavoda za statistiku ( DZS ). U razdoblju od siječnja do studenoga 2019. u hrvatske morske luke uplovilo je 75 stranih brodova za kružna putovanja, s ostvarenih 710 kružnih putovanja ( +4,9% ). Na tim brodovima bio je 1,1 milijun putnika ( +8,6% ), koji su u Hrvatskoj boravili 1 413 dana ( +5,1% ). The most visited seaports were Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar Najveći promet putnika ostvarila je zračna luka Zagreb s 244 tisuće putnika (porast od 5,4% u odnosu na studeni 2018.), slijedi zračna luka Dubrovnik s 57 tisuća putnika (porast od 114,0% u odnosu na studeni 2018.) i zračna luka Split s 43 tisuće putnika (pad od 19,0% u odnosu na studeni 2018.). The port of Dubrovnik (518 visits) had the most visits of foreign cruise ships, followed by the ports of Split (267 visits) and Zadar (117 visits). Porast broja putovanja, putnika i dana boravka stranih brodova za kružna putovanja. RELATED NEWS: 2019 MILLION ARRIVALS AND 21 MILLION NIGHTS IN 108,6
Kuzma/iStockBy IVAN PEREIRA, ABC News(NEW YORK) — Lori Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to a plea deal in connection with their involvement in the so-called “Varsity Blues” college admissions scandal. The Full House actress will serve two months in prison, pay a $150,000 fine and have two years of supervised release with 100 hours of community service, while her husband, a fashion designer, will serve five months in prison, a $250,000 fine and two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Massachusetts. They will enter their guilty pleas on conspiracy charges on Friday, according to the office.“We will continue to pursue accountability for undermining the integrity of college admissions,” said United States Attorney Andrew E. Lelling in a press release. The couple become the 23rd and 24th suspects to plead guilty to the case, which was announced last year. Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.