News in brief: Taarabt hails Ramsey, Manning scores two, Passley deal

first_imgTaarabt played against SouthamptonQPRAdel Taarabt has hailed the influence of Chris Ramsey since he took charge at Loftus Road. Taarabt told Rangers’ website: “He’s a good coach and a good guy as well. We needed the intensity in training. Now it’s up to us to help him.”Ryan ManningThe youngster, signed by QPR from Galway in January, scored twice for the Republic of Ireland Under-19s as they beat Azerbaijan 6-0 in a friendly.SandroQPR’s Brazilian midfielder will be available for next Wednesday’s Premier League game with Arsenal despite his red card in a development-squad game. The former Tottenham man was sent off in injury time against Bristol City Under-21s on Monday after grabbing Jake Andrews by the throat. However, the Football Association has confirmed that Sandro’s three-match ban will only be served in non first-team matches.Josh PassleyThe Fulham right-back’s loan at Portsmouth has been extended until the end of the season. Passley, 20, joined Pompey in January and has made six appearances in League Two.Tyrell Miller-RodneyThe Brentford midfielder has rejoined Maidenhead United on loan until 24 March. The 20-year-old played seven games for the Conference South side earlier in the season before picking up an injury. Miller-Rodney has only just returned to Griffin Park after completing a loan spell at Maidenhead’s league rivals Boreham Wood.ChelseaDetails of the Blues’ FA Youth Cup semi-final second leg have now been confirmed. The match will take place at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 18 March – 13 days after the first leg at White Hart Lane. Kick-off is at 7pm.Mike BrownThe Harlequins full-back has been ruled out of England’s Six Nations game in Ireland on Sunday after failing to recover fully from concussion. The 29-year-old was knocked unconscious in the match with Italy nearly two weeks ago but suffered a setback on Tuesday after suffering a mild headache following a running session.MiddlesexPaul Stirling took 2-27 and Andy Balbirnie scored 30 to help Ireland beat the United Arab Emirates at the Cricket World Cup in Brisbane. Stirling was easily Ireland’s most economical bowler, conceding just 27 runs in his 10 overs, and removed top order batsmen Andri Berenger and Krishna Chandran as the UAE made 278-9. Stirling opened the batting but made just three but Balbirnie made a helpful middle-order contribution as the Irish squeezed home by two wickets.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

MH370: Searchers confident it will be found!

first_imgThe Australian led international team looking for MH370 is confident that it will be found within the next year.Yesterday Martin Dolan Chief Commissioner of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau told the UK’s Express that he is confident the wreckage will be found soon.MH370 went missing on March 8 last year with 239 passengers and crew aboard on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 last year.However despite the most expensive and comprehensive search in aviation history no trace has been found of the Boeing 777.“Once we started looking and defining the search area, it became quite clear it could take up to two years,” Mr Dolan told Express.“We still remain confident it will be found in the next year and all the analysis we have puts the aircraft somewhere in that large search area.”Mr Dolan said that there is “no more information that would allow us to calculate a different area and governments accept that.”Almost half of the 120,000sq km area has been searched so far with the expectation that it will take another 12 months to complete the task.Mr Dolan rejects all the rumours saying that “all the information we have puts the aircraft in this defined search area.”“The crews and equipment being used are excellent and the data we’re receiving is of a quality beyond the specifications yet.“If we have to search the entire area, it will be completed this time next year but we expect to find the aircraft before then.”The primary countries involved and or funding the search are Australia, Malaysia and China, although the UK, USA, France and The Netherlands are technical contributors.MH370: Pilot knows where it isMH370: Only human inputlast_img read more

Reyes to decide on Gilas final 12 on eve of deadline

first_imgTrending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games The announcement of Gilas Pilipinas’ final 12-man lineup for the Fiba World Cup qualifying will have to wait until on the eve of its game against Japan slated next Saturday in Tokyo.As it stands, the Philippines has 15 players and with naturalized player Andray Blatche taking one spot, four will have to be cut.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Blatche is expected to arrive in Manila on Saturday night. He has not donned the national colors since the 2017 Seaba Championship last May.Gilas arrived at the press conference just shortly after beating the NLEX Road Warriors in a tuneup game, 95-87.The Philippines takes on Japan on Nov. 24 at Komozawa Gymnasium before hosting Chinese Taipei three days later at Smart Araneta Coliseum.Reyes did not guarantee victories, but he said that the players have really committed themselves since training began.“And that is the most difficult sacrifice of the players here. They’ve been practicing here twice a day since November 3 and there is no assurance not one person in this lineup, in the pool that he will make it to the final 12 and yet they’ve all come in and offered to serve,” Reyes said.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Read Next NBA: Westbrook says it’s his duty to make George, Anthony comfortable with Thunder Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 National team coach Chot Reyes said the team hasn’t decided yet on who among the players from the pool will make it, but the remaining 15 will all make the trip to Japan on November 21.“We really don’t know yet at this point. We will make the final line up the night before the deadline is due,” Reyes told reporters during Gilas’ sendoff Saturday at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Pasig. “That means everyone here is going to go with us in Japan.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutGilas Pilipinas pool. CONTRIBUTED PHOTO/ Smart SportsPlayers present at the press conference were June Mar Fajardo, Japeth Aguilar, Raymond Almazan, Kiefer Ravena, Troy Rosario, Matthew Wright, Roger Pogoy, Mac Belo, Kevin Alas, Allein Maliksi, Carl Bryan Cruz and Gabe Norwood.Jayson Castro, Calvin Abueva and Terrence Romeo were not able to join the team in the presser but all three are going to Japan. CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA LATEST STORIEScenter_img QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa “And that’s what we can promise, to come and continue to play our best and hopefully, the winning will take care of itself. we’re jut making sure that we’re putting the work in.” Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Reyes to decide on Gilas final 12 on eve of deadline853 viewsSportsVentuno Web Player 4.51 View comments Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’last_img read more

After 7 games in 14 nights, exhausted Magnolia relishes Holy week break

first_imgPanelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles MOST READ LATEST STORIES Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Down 0-2 against Rain or Shine in a best-of-seven series, Magnolia, despite feeling physically drained, knew it had to lay everything out on the floor in Game 3.“Even though, we’re tired and we’re playing our seventh game in 14 nights,I told them that we have no choice but to need to bring back our aggressiveness and energy,” Victolero said.That’s exactly what the Hotshots did especially in the fourth quarter where they limited the Elasto Painters to just 11 points.“We just tried to bring back the Magnolia Hotshots basketball which is to a more defensive-minded team. We were more pesky defense and aggressive on both ends of the floor and we were focused for 48 minutes,” said Victolero.The defense Victolero preached was on full display down the stretch of a tight game.ADVERTISEMENT Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated Anthony Joshua US debut in doubt because of opponent’s failed testcenter_img DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew The 92-82 win was nice but having played a seventh game in 14 nights, a six-day break makes a big victory much sweeter for the weary Hotshots.“For you to play seven games in 14 nights, we’re not going to deny that we’re tired. But I told my players, we get through this game and we will have a good rest at least somehow, get our fresh legs back,” Victolero told reporters in Filipino Tuesday night at Araneta Coliseum.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“The next game will be on Monday and this break is really going to be good for us. Hopefully, my players will be able to recover.”The Hotshots have been playing every other day since beating the NLEX Road Warriors in their final elimination round game last April 3. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MANILA, Philippines—Magnolia head coach Chito Victolero couldn’t wipe the smile off his face as he met the media following his team’s win over Rain or Shine in Game 3 of their Philippine Cup semifinals.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Magnolia was holding on to a 76-74 edge after Rain or Shine rookie Javee Mocon converted on a three-point play with 4:03 remaining.Mocon’s basket and free throw, however, turned out to be the Painters’ final points as they went scoreless the rest of the way.“We won because of our defense,” said Magnolia big man Ian Sangalang, who scored 12 of his 16 points in the final frame, in Filipino. “We’re really tired but we needed to give everything we had knowing we’re going to finally have our break.”“Now we get some rest with the momentum on our side. Somehow, we were able to give them pressure in this series because in Games 1 and 2, it’s like they’re just simply playing basketball. What we really wanted to do was make them feel the pressure even just a bit of it so that we’ll have a better chance at winning Game 4,” Sangalang added.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View commentslast_img read more

10 months ago​Hudson-Odoi best youngster I’ve seen at Chelsea – Rudiger

first_img​Hudson-Odoi best youngster I’ve seen at Chelsea – Rudigerby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea defender Antonio Rudiger hopes the club can hold onto Callum Hudson-Odoi.The English youngster is wanted by Bayern Munich, while he has failed to get much game time this season at the Blues.But there is a clear feeling at Chelsea that he is a huge talent. And they would rather not lose him.”To be honest, of all the young players I have seen at Chelsea, he is the shooting star for me,” Rudiger said to reporters at Wembley after his side’s 1-0 loss to Tottenham. “He has all the tools to become a big player, but he has to work a lot. I think for him everything is going very well at the moment.”He is a young lad and has less pressure so he can show what he can do. He did very well and caused a lot of problems to them. “He is trying very hard. You have to because he is a young lad and is on his way forward to the next step so he needs to improve where he can.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

a month agoBarcelona striker Antoine Griezmann: We failed to test Borussia Dortmund

first_imgBarcelona striker Antoine Griezmann: We failed to test Borussia Dortmundby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona striker Antoine Griezmann admits they weren’t at their best for the 0-0 draw at Champions League opponents Borussia Dortmund.Barca needed Marc-Andre ter Stegen to save a penalty to leave Germany with a point.Griezmann said, “The penalty that Marc has stopped, other important stops. I think we have not knocked on the door … These are things that need improvement. We must work and in the end a point is a point.”A game away from home is always different, here or in any club. People press more and the local rival plays with more confidence. It costs us more. “These are things to improve, let’s see what we did wrong and improve.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img

Angelicoussis Cracks FSRU Market with Order at DSME

first_imgzoom South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has won a contract to build a liquefied natural gas floating storage regasification unit (LNG FSRU) for the Greece-based Maran Gas Maritime, part of the Angelicoussis Shipping Group.The contract includes the 173,400 cbm LNG FSRU and an option for the construction of two LNG carriers, and it carries the value of KRW 700 billion (around USD 590 million). The options could be exercised in 2017, according to DSME.The LNG-FSRU is 295m long and 46m wide and is the first LNG-FSRU to be ordered by the Angelicoussis Group. It will be constructed at the Geoje Okpo shipyard and will be delivered to the shipowner in the first half of 2020.The vessel’s design is based on the LNG-RV (LNG Regasification Vessel), which was designed for the first time by DSME in 2005.This is the second order DSME has received from the Angelicoussis Group this year. Back in June, the Greek shipowner ordered two LNG carriers, as well as two very large crude carriers from the South Korean shipbuilder.Currently, DSME is building 20 vessels for the Angelicoussis Group in South Korea and Romania.In total, the group has ordered 89 vessels from DSME since the first deal was signed in 1994.“We are grateful to Angelicoussis Group, which has decided to place order during such difficult times and showed unlimited trust in DSME,” said DSME President Jung Sung-lip. “We will do our best to win additional orders until the end of this year.”DSME has won contracts to build nine vessels and three special-purpose projects in 2016, with an overall value of around USD 1.55 billion.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more

France not favourites for World Cup

first_imgTottenham goalkeeper and France captain Hugo Lloris believes his side are not the favourites to lift the trophy next Sunday.France beat Uruguay 2-0 on Friday after goals from Raphael Varane and Antoine Griezmann to secure their place in the semi-finals against Belgium.Lloris added that his team must perform better if they are to defeat the Red Devil according to Daily Mail via Sportsmole.“I don’t think so,” the stopper said when asked if his side are favourites.“A nation like Brazil with all its talent and history has to be the favourites and if Belgium beat them then that fact will make them favourites.Christian Eriksen, Tottenham, SpursPochettino: ‘Happy’ Christian Eriksen ready for Spurs action Andrew Smyth – September 12, 2019 Mauricio Pochettino insists Christian Eriksen is “happy” and in the right frame of mind for Tottenham despite his failed summer exit.“To win the semi-final we need to play at a better level than we did against Uruguay. We will be up against a great Belgium team with fantastic players.“It will be a big, big fight and I hope we are ready for it.”France looks to grab a spot in the final of a second successive major tournament following their appearance against Portugal in the final of Euro 2016.last_img read more

Son Heungmin returns to South Korea for Asia Cup

first_imgTottenham have announced that Son Heung-min has been called up to the South Korea squad for next month’s Asian CupThe 26-year-old forward will travel to the United Arab Emirates between January 5 and February 1 for the tournament.But Spurs did add that on the club website that Son will skip two of South Korea’s group games at the Asian Cup and will, therefore, remain available for them.The games Son will miss for South Korea will be against the Philippines and Kyrgyzstan in Group C.Victor Wanyama, Tottenham Hotspur, Premier LeaguePochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.But the former Bayer Leverkusen star will be available for Spurs’ Premier League showdown against Manchester United on January 13.Although doubts remain over Son’s participation in Spurs’ second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge later that month.The Korean scored the opening goal for Spurs on Wednesday night in their 2-0 win over rivals Arsenal to book their spot in the last four.Son had captained South Korea to glory at the Asian Games earlier this year, which means he no longer is required to return to his homeland to do national service.last_img read more