“Sabihin ko sa China, ‘Look China, we’refriends. We’re doing business. You want money, we want money. It produces moneyfor both of us. Now, do you intend to cut it? And for what reason?” PresidentDuterte said a television interview. President Rodrigo Duterte. PCOO “Kasi ang China tumulong lang, nagmagandang loob. Gusto rin niya ‘yung may kakampi sila kasi puro kakampi ng Amerikano eh. So they’re trying to help everybody na makinig sa kanila,” said the President. Earlier, lawmakers aired their fears over China’s State Grid Corporation’s 40 percent stake in the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines, and to the potential threat this brought to the national power grid, that a legislative probe into the national security implications of the partnership had been floated. MANILA – President Rodrigo Dutertedismissed concerns on China’s control over the Philippines’ power grid orthreat to the country’s national security, saying this allegation is completelygroundless. The Philippine and China have been at odds for years over contested territories in the South China Sea, with the Philippines winning an internationally-backed arbitration case against China before The Hague-based Permanent Court of Arbitration in July 2016./PN Duterte, however, was skeptical of this, saying the likelihood that China would shut down the country’s power supply was “about a million miles away.”
Gary Williams won two features en route to the Red River IMCA Sunoco Stock Car Tour crown. (Photo by Stacy Kolar, Southern Sass Photography) Williams was fourth the next night at Heart O’ Texas Speedway, then duplicated his KSP showing with another flag-to-flag run at 281 Speedway. He was runner-up in another star-filled feature at Big O Speedway. HIS SPONSORS: Crazy J Kettlekorn of Desert; Jeff Reynolds Electric of Godley; Chad Jones at Big Iron Service in Bells; and Steve Ott and Steve O. Motorsports of Ardmore, Okla. “For me being a 50-year-old guy, I felt like I was racing better than I did when I was 16,” he added. “For a 50-year-old dude, I went out there and did a pretty good job.” How fast? BONHAM, Texas – Gary Williams was better than good the first four nights and good enough on the last night of the Red River Tour for IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars. “We weren’t even planning to run the whole tour. Then we won the first night out at Kennedale Speedway Park,” the Bonham, Texas, driver said. “We had been chasing some things and what we found worked. We knew we had a fast car.” Williams won two features, with second- and fourth-place finishes as well going into the finale at home track Southern Oklahoma Speedway. “It was really good to be able to win this tour, racing with the combination of guys who are that good,” Williams said. “We’re not a high dollar team. My son Shelby (fifth in the tour points) and I have homebuilt chassis and camped in a trailer on the way. I kind of felt like the underdog.” Starts 5 Wins 2 Additional Top Five’s 2 He started 17th that evening and was up to sixth before breaking a spindle bolt. Wobbly tire and all, Williams still managed to earn the tour title with a 14th place finish. HIS CREW: Wife Lisa, son Shelby and Mark Prater.
Debra “Debbie” Sue Thomas, age 62 of New Point, Indiana passed away on Friday, June 28, 2019 at UC Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. The daughter of Gilbert and Clara Mae (nee: Addison) Wells was born on December 13, 1956 in Versailles, IN.In 1975 Debbie married Lanny Thomas in New Point, IN. The New Point Christian Church member spent many of her years caring for her children and husband taking care of their home. Later she worked at the Speedway in Greensburg for about 13 years.Debbie is survived by her husband Lanny, daughter, Carla Thomas of New Point; son, Robert (Lindsey) Thomas of New Point and her granddaughter Clara Marie Thomas; in addition to her siblings, Terri Wells of Versailles, IN, Johnny (Tina) Wells of West Chester, OH, and Mark (Brandy) Wells of Martinsville, IN along with several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents.Visitation will be Monday, July 1, 2019 from 4-7pm with Funeral Services at 10am on Tuesday, July 2nd all at New Point Christian Church in New Point, IN. Burial to follow in the Rossburg Cemetery in New Point.Memorials may be given to New Point Christian Church c/o the funeral home. Online condolences www.meyersfuneralhomes.com.
Wigan may be fortunate to catch City, who cut Manchester United’s lead at the top to 13 points, in such underwhelming form when they meet again at Wembley next month. The first half was rather low key as both sides returned to league action after their emotionally and physically-draining semi-final victories last weekend. City right-back Micah Richards, making his first appearance since October in a revamped back four in which only Vincent Kompany survived from Sunday, was welcomed back with a kick in the face from Jean Beausejour. That gave City a free-kick outside the Wigan area which Aleksandar Kolarov flashed wide. There then followed a flurry of activity as Wigan produced a sparkling move with Kone bursting forward and Maloney backheeling into the path of Di Santo. The Argentinian jinked round two defenders and open his body to shoot but Joe Hart parried low. Di Santo was then felled on the edge of the area on another counter-raid but Maloney shot at Hart. City survived a couple of scares soon after the restart as first Maloney wrongfooted Richards and beat Hart with a shot from a tight angle only for Joleon Lescott to clear off the line. Callum McManaman entered the fray in the 68th minute for Di Santo and cut inside to create an opening for himself in the box but shot tamely at Hart. Fellow substitute Edin Dzeko turned nicely inside the box from a Yaya Toure pass but Joel Robles was off his line quickly to block his shot. Wigan appeared to go close again when Paul Scharner headed against the bar from a free-kick but the flag had been raised for offside. After that near miss, heartbreak followed for Wigan as Tevez struck a typically sublime winner. The Argentinian turned away from two defenders on the edge of the area and jinked past a third before curling a shot into the top corner. Wigan’s spirit was broken, and one of their valuable games in hand had slipped away. Tevez had another opportunity from an injury-time free-kick but shot wide. Carlos Tevez struck a stunning late winner as Manchester City snatched a 1-0 victory in their FA Cup final dress rehearsal with relegation-threatened Wigan. The visitors had looked the better side for large periods of a subdued Barclays Premier League encounter at the Etihad Stadium but failed to take a number of chances. Tevez made them pay eight minutes from time as he weaved his way into the area and fired an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net. It was his eighth goal in nine games and left Wigan in the bottom three and to rue the near misses from Franco Di Santo, Arouna Kone and Shaun Maloney which threatened an unexpected win. Press Association
Successive victories at Punchestown this season had seen the Charles Byrnes-trained five-year-old raised 23lb in the weights prior to his latest assignment. Sent off the 4-1 joint-favourite for this 50,000 euro contest, Lite Duties made stealthy headway towards the front end before the home turn and responded to Philip Enright’s urgings in the straight to quicken past admirable mare Jennies Jewel. The other 4-1 joint-favourite, Tony Martin’s Dara Tango, emerged as the biggest threat after the final flight, but Lite Duties saw him off by two and three-quarter lengths. Byrnes said: “I was delighted with the way he stayed on. There were not that many options between now and Christmas and he could go now for a novice between two and a half and three miles. “It was a good pot to get today, and just unfortunate that Davy (Russell) couldn’t do the weight.” Press Association Lite Duties completed a hat-trick in the lucrative Tara Handicap Hurdle at Navan.
Migrant children who were being housed at a detention facility in Homestead, Florida, are no longer there.The downsizing of the camp for unaccompanied children who crossed the border illegally has been underway for days, reports say.The Homestead camp run by a for-profit company even came up during the recent Democratic presidential debate.Now all the children have been moved out.According to reports, four-hundred workers were terminated on Friday, and thousands more will be fired on Monday.The children are now at camps spread across the country.This story is developing.
BASSETERRE, St Kitts, (CMC) – Devon Thomas and captain Jahmar Hamilton stroked unbeaten half-centuries as Group A hosts Leeward Islands Hurricanes took another step towards a semi-final berth with a convincing six-wicket victory over reigning champions CCC Marooners here Tuesday.In pursuit of 191 for victory at Conaree, Hurricanes overcame an early blip to coast to victory with nine overs remaining in the innings.Thomas top-scored with 78 not out off 96 deliveries with nine fours and a six while Hamilton ended on 77 not out off 114 balls, striking seven fours and three sixes.Hurricanes were floundering on 32 for four in the eighth over after new-ball pacers Carlos Brathwaite (2-35) and Akeem Jordan (2-42) sliced through the top order but Thomas and Hamilton produced a match-winning unbroken fifth wicket stand of 152 to deny Marooners.With the win, Hurricanes moved to 16 points from four wins and two defeats while Marooners remained rooted to the bottom of the tables with four points from their single win in six outings.Paul Palmer had earlier notched his maiden List A half-century when he scored exactly 50 as Marooners crawled to 190 for nine off 50 overs after they were sent in.Jonathan Drakes with 29 and Gian Benjamin and Jalarnie Seales, both with 28, all got starts but Marooners failed to string together substantive partnerships and found themselves bogged down.They lost Kyle Corbin in the fifth over for eight with the score on 17, caught at first slip by Kieran Powell off seamer Quinton Boatswain (2-18) but Drakes and Benjamin added a crucial 42 for the second wicket to steady the innings.Left-arm spinner Jason Campbell (2-38) broke the stand when he had Benjamin caught in the mid-wicket ropes in the 15th over and when Sadique Henry (5) and Drakes also perished in quick succession, Marooners were struggling on 83 for four in the 23rd over.Palmer came to his side’s rescue, however, striking four fours in an 82-ball knock and putting on 33 for the fifth wicket with captain Brathwaite (9) and 31 for the eighth wicket with Seales.West Indies left-hander Kieran Powell then gave Hurricanes a swift start to their run chase, slamming two fours and a six in a cameo 15-ball 21 in a 26-run first wicket stand with Montin Hodge (6).But in nightmare 18-ball period, Hurricanes saw four wickets tumble for just six runs. Jordan struck twice in the fifth over, having Hodge caught at short mid-wicket and then removing Keacy Carty one for one, also caught by Henry in the same position.Brathwaite then removed Powell in the next over, nicking a drive through to the keeper and in his next over, claimed Amir Jangoo without scoring, top-edging a loose swing at a short ball to be taken at gully.Thomas and Hamilton, however, blunted the Marooners attack to dash their hopes of a win.
KINGSTON, Jamaica – The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Jamaica increased by 27 on Monday, bringing the tally to 223.This was announced by Health Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton during a press briefing at Jamaica House late Monday.Of the new 27 cases, 19 are female and eight are male and 26 of those are linked the Alorica – a business process outsourcing (BPO) entity in the central parish of St Catherine.The Ministry of Health says 34 cases were imported; six are local transmissions with no epidemiological link, 47 are contacts of confirmed cases and 136 are under investigation. There is also one additional confirmed death, which brings the total number of COVID-19 deaths to six.Of the 136 cases under investigation 120 are associated with Alorica.Meanwhile, Prime Minister Andrew Holness has tightened curfew hours islandwide as the country tackles the pandemic.Holness said the new daily curfew hours will run from 6:00 pm (local time) each day until 6:00 am the following day.The new 12-hour daily curfew will commence on Wednesday, at 6:00 pm and run for 14 days.The prime minister also ordered that work hours be restricted to 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.Supermarkets, pharmacies and corner shops will be allowed to close at 5:00 pm., while markets will operate from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm except on Sundays when they will be closed.In addition, he said it is now mandatory for all Jamaicans to wear a mask in public spaces.Jamaica’s borders will remain closed to incoming passengers until May 31. Prime Minister Holness said a protocol to allow the controlled re-entry of Jamaicans is now being undertaken. Jamaicans that will be allowed to enter the island will have to be tested and quarantined, more than likely in a state facility.CMC
Related Articles Gamesys halts UK advertising during lockdown April 23, 2020 Enlarged Gamesys returns to UK growth eyeing FTSE250 spot March 17, 2020 Submit Share Share StumbleUpon SBC Digital Summit: A crash course in adaptability and resilience April 27, 2020 Yggdrasil Gaming has outlined plans to shake up the table games vertical, when it debuts in the sector during Q1 of 2018.Currently developing several multiplayer table games using REDUX, its in house technology, the product is also set to feature sidebets and a range of powers available to each dealer.Blackjack is the first game set to go live, with Roulette and Baccarat to follow, while dealer characters being developed are set to feature “detailed hand movements and facial expressions” to better interact and communicate with players.Yggdrasil CPO Krzysztof Opałka, said: “Our table games provision, starting with Blackjack, is set to break new ground in online casino gaming. The table games vertical has been fairly static in recent years. But our product’s combination of social interaction and high-end playability is unlike any other currently on the market.“It won’t just be a single player trying to beat the house, but instead thousands of real players from all over the world, who are all able to join the game simultaneously with the aim of hitting big hands and bigger wins.“We have a packed roadmap of innovative new games and features. Our aim is to innovate table games in a similar fashion to slots, where a constant product cycle of new variations built on familiar mechanics drives growth.”Alongside a standard branding package, is an option for exclusive customised tables and dealers, allowing operators to tailor the game “according to their visual identity or special themes.”The Yggdrasil table game offering is first set to go live with Vera&John and Intercasino, a part of the Jackpotjoy Group portfolio, in a beta partnership, with a view to being fully operational later this year.Victor Olinger, Group Head of Gaming at Jackpotjoy, said: “Yggdrasil is a well known name across the industry that has become a byword for innovation in the slots sector. It is fantastic news to hear they are turning their attention to table games.“It is a major coup to be the first operator to go live with Yggdrasil’s table games, and we look forward to bringing this exciting new product to our full customer base this year.”
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Injury updatesChone Figgins batted leadoff and played left field for Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, his third rehab game in as many days. Figgins played at third base Thursday and second base Friday. He could be cleared to return from his strained left hip flexor at some point this week.“We’ll get through that round (playing three different positions) and see what medical says,” Mattingly said. “They’ll evaluate where he’s at, what else we want him to do and go from there.”Scott Elbert could also be nearing a return after the left-hander pitched Friday and Saturday. It was the second time he’s pitched on back-to-back nights since his rehab began in June.AlsoThe deadline to sign players selected in the June amateur draft passed Friday. The Dodgers signed 33 of their 40 picks, including all of the first 18. … Matt Kemp struck out as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning, replacing Yasiel Puig. He’s 0 for 8 as a pinch hitter in 2014 and 7 for 46 (.152) as a pinch hitter in his career. … Carl Crawford’s RBI was his first since May 26. … Mark Ellis grounded out as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning and is 2 for 16 (.125) against the Dodgers this season. He’s batting .187 in his first season in St. Louis. Paul Maholm pitched admirably in Beckett’s absence, throwing six scoreless innings against the San Diego Padres on July 12. But Maholm seems unlikely to make the start in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, when Beckett’s turn in the rotation comes up next.Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said that Beckett wouldn’t even be on a lower pitch count than usual when he returns.“We’re always watching him,” Mattingly said. “Him and Danny (Haren) are kind of in the same boat. When they get into a certain range, depending on how they got there, the red flags are starting to go off.”Beckett is 6-5 with a 2.26 earned-run average in 17 starts this season, second on the staff to Clayton Kershaw. He’s averaging a little more than six innings per start.“If we have to get him to miss a turn somewhere in there, we’ll do that, but to this point he’s only missed one turn and he’s been pretty good,” Mattingly said. “We’re hoping we can do that again in the second half.” ST. LOUIS – Josh Beckett seems unlikely to miss another start after the right-hander threw a bullpen session Saturday morning at Busch Stadium without pain in his left hip.“I felt like my mechanics were a lot sharper than I was expecting them to be, and the actual feel of the bullpen, also the way my body felt, was better than I thought,” Beckett said.Drew Butera, who caught Beckett in the bullpen, said “that was as clean as I’ve seen him in a while.”Beckett tried to pitch through a left hip impingement until he went on the disabled list July 8. He then received a cortisone injection to relieve the pain. Because of how the Dodgers were able to reset their rotation around the four-day All-Star break, Beckett only missed one start.